I love a one-piece swimsuit, because I sincerely love to swim. I swim laps at an indoor pool during the winter season, at our neighborhood pool in summer, and I boogie board and swim past the breakers with the kids at the beach. I also think one-piece swimsuits are youthful and cool-looking — a stylish happy medium between a teensy string bikini and a bulky swim dress.
I find bikinis impractical for running after three active kids. And I have found most tankinis annoying for actual swimming. I think they look cute when lounging around, but once immersed in water I find the tops always floating around and getting in my way. I am not a fan of most skirted suits for the same reason.
If you feel similarly, I hope you will like my top one-piece finds. My criteria:
- Supportive but not crazy-girdle restricting
- Somewhere between teenybopper and granny
- Modern yet classic (in style now but can be worn for years to come)
- Does not look like a racing swimsuit (if you want a Speedo or similar, they usually have at Costco for cheap)
- Under $80 (this sounds like a big budget, but the average suit at Macy’s or Zappos.com is $100+)
Most importantly, these are swimsuits I personally would feel good wearing daily during my kids’ swim team season…or should I say WILL feel good wearing, as I bought two of the suits in this slideshow!
Click NEXT beneath the photo to page through all of my recommended suits. Prices and links are listed below each choice. Some Amazon affiliate links are used. All swimsuit purchases and suggestions made 100% by me.