Lately I have been swapping my daily fish oil caplets for Omega Infusion zero calorie beverage drinks. The drinks taste just like those Vitamin Water or other fruity flavored waters that I love guzzling in the name of hydration boredom busting, and they contain 80 mg’s of those healthy Omega-3s (EPA/DHA). The drinks also have added B vitamins and good ol’ antioxidant vitamin C.
I started making Omega-3 supplements a big priority over the last few years, taking a daily fish oil supplement. The human body does not naturally produce the nutrients found in Omega-3’s, so we should seek them out through eating fish, flaxseed and other sources. My kids are not fans of most healthy fish dinners, and throughout my pregnancies and nursing I wanted to make sure I was not imbibing too much mercury. Thus, I thought a daily fish oil supplement was the way to go.
But most fish oil supplements give me nausea, heartburn, and my personal favorite, fishier breath than a beach town alley cat….very attractive.
So when the Omega Infusion folks offered to send me samples, I was down. I’m working out regularly and making my health a priority, so fun, healthy, tasty flavored waters were a welcome review. The Omega Infusion drinks taste good, and I’m happy to get my Omega-3’s in a palatable form.
Here are some more benefits of Omega-3’s:
- The FDA has qualified that Omega-3 fatty acids reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Studies have also shown that Omega-3’s lower the risk of strokes.
- Studies show that omega-3 fatty acids lower high triglycerides, a common side effect of diabetes, and do not raise blood sugar.
- Users of Omega-3’s report lowered depression and stress levels (I find this to be very true), as well as improved cognitive function and motivation.
- Good levels of Omega-3’s also make for higher level of satiety and appetite reduction.
As for that less point about less appetite, as I am working on losing weight but also beating my love of diet soda, I find the Omega Infusion fruity waters to be a welcome no-calorie afternoon treat or post-workout drink.
Disclosure: I received review product and sponsorship from Omega Fusion. All opinions expressed are my own.