I have never used a Mac as my primary computer, so Windows and me? We go way back. I just had not yet experienced Windows on a smartphone. I found the Nokia Lumia 928 extremely intuitive, and I loved how I could access my favorite aspects of Microsoft Office and Outlook, such as my contacts, calendar and docs on SkyDrive. The camera was fabulous, but I was bummed that some of my favorite social media and photography apps have not yet developed a Windows version.
- The phone is preloaded with Microsoft Office and Outlook, making this a GREAT work phone. Outlook contacts, calendars and schedules sync right out of the box.
- I use a PC for work so I found the Windows 8 software was intuitive to use. I had less of a learning curve than I usually do with a new smartphone.
- You can access your work documents in SkyDrive, making editing between your office computer and your phone when on the road super easy.
- The camera and video recorder are stellar. The quality rivals that of my DSLR! You can even capture pics in low light, such as evening concerts.
- The high–performance loudspeaker offered great quality hands-free in the car for safe, as well as effective, speakerphone calls.
- 4G LTE makes for a great signal virtually anywhere.
- Hotmail and other MSN account features sync seamlessly.
- More of my favorite apps are now availabe for Windows Phones, such as the Facebook, Twitter, Pandora, Netflix, Hulu Plus and Amazon Kindle apps.
- The beautiful big screen was easy to read. No smartphone headaches.
- I really missed Instagram and my music purchased with iTunes and Amazon’s Cloud player (although Amazon does allow you to download the songs to your Windows phone player with some work, unlike iTunes.)
- While easy to read, the large screen size was a little too big for me to safely stash in my pockets or run with in my hand or in my existing armband.
I was honored to review this phone as a member of Verizon’s #VZWBuzz Lifestyle Blogger program. No additional compensation was received. All opinions are my own.