Find trustworthy apps for your kids with #MomsWithApps!
Twitter Party with Prizes: Wed, Dec 3 12PM- 1PM EST
With more than one million apps to choose from, it can be hard to find the trustworthy apps that you know upfront your kids will learn from and enjoy. Thankfully we have Moms With Apps. Moms with Apps is website database founded by two moms who wanted to make it easier for parents to find quality apps for kids. MomsWithApps makes it easy to locate apps by your kids’ ages, learning needs, interests and your device type. You can also weed out apps which include ads, collect personal information or offer in-app purchasing.
Moms With Apps conducted a survey of more than 450 parents to get their thoughts on selecting apps with kids. These findings will be shared during this party!
Prizes: There will be five prizes during this Twitter party to randomly selected participants who answer the trivia questions correctly. Each prize includes a $50 Visa Gift card. Prizes limited to U.S. participants only.
Another prize for us all: Moms With Apps has provided us parents with tips for choosing apps for our kids this holiday season. Whether you are loading up the device with apps for a long trip or looking for some digital stocking stuffers, this advice is totally helpful! I also love apps because they do not clutter up the house and my tween kids also think they make a super present.
Tips For Picking Children’s Apps this Holiday Season
- Choose an App that will Top their Gift List: Search on MomsWithApps for subjects and key words that interest your kid.
- Give the Gift of a Social Experience: Kids love interacting with friends online, and MomsWithApps can help you find safe, age-appropriate socially enabled apps.
- Pick with Privacy in Mind: So many apps try and collect and share their personal information – 60 percent!, and only 11 percent will tell you that they are actually doing it. Thankfully, MomsWithApps screens all their apps for this and will alert you. Whew!
- Avoid the Gift that Keeps on Giving: In-app purchases are a pain, especially when discovered one month later on the credit card bill. MomsWithApps will let you know which apps have these and you can search to avoid them.
- Choose an App that Works in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: Apps that do not need WiFi are travel gold and they are easy to locate in the MomsWithApps database.
This post is brought to you by The Motherhood and Moms With Apps. All opinions are my own.